Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The more things change the more they stay the same

This past weekend we got a much needed break from the 4 crazy kids
We were traveling to the outer banks to attend the wedding of one of my oldest friends
We had decided to stay in a house with several of our friends from college
I was nervous as what would it be like all these people some we hadn't seen in years
But there it was.....it was just like we were 18 again
It was just easy
And then I realised
These friendships they don't require the work adult friendships due
We have seen each other at our most foolish
We know  the young us
The ones without the pressures of mortgages, health concerns or kids
We just relaxed and enjoyed that brief moment to go back in time
To be the younger more carefree versions of ourselves
The wedding was amazing.
The groom has been my friend for 18 years.
He was there to hold my hair during my not so glamorous moments in college
And to help me walk down the aisle to marry Jeff
I was untraditional before it was a regular thing
Having a male of honor was one of the most special parts of my wedding
And watching him marry his bride this weekend brought it full circle for me
Now I got to watch him experience that special joy I got to have almost 15 years ago
I wish him and his new family many many years of health and happiness
I just hope that these easy friendships continue the rest of our lives
We may not see each other often but each person has had and will continue to have a special place in my heart for all they have added to it over these many years.


No comments:

Post a Comment